Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Raking Leaves for a Stranger

I started attending E91 after Russ had retired. I met Russ on a Saturday in November, a group of guys and I from Saturday morning men's bible study raked leaves for several people that day. I was sent to a home and it was Russ's home. As we raked leaves Russ invited my son Daniel inside and they became friends. Russ, Daniel and I became friends and we did several work projects and fixed things for him around his home. We had lunch together. I did not know who he was and all he had done in his life until his birthday party at E91. I was blessed to just know and have him as a friend. We joked together and share a deep brotherly Love for each other. He showed you Christ with his Love and was a true, open and real friend. I am thankful that God allowed me to serve him and develop a friendship. I recently put on a new faucet and part of our conversation that day was what heaven will be like and we were both ready to go when God's time came. He is one of the saints and God has called him home. This good-bye is only temporary, I will see him again in heaven.
Steven Shoup / November 14, 2007

No comments: