Thursday, November 15, 2007

Gimme Shelter

Russ is one of God's Living Legends. The bible is full of them and there have been many more down through the years. I still remember the day that I met Russ back in 1965. I was a young lad of eight and trying to escape from some other boys who were after me. I found shelter in the church. Jackie found me in the basement and brought me up for some candy. She said I want you to meet a friend of mine. She knocked on Russ's door and he was in a meeting with some other gentlemen. He stopped what he was doing to come out to meet with me. We chatted for some time and everyday after that I stopped on my way home from school to have some of Jackie's candy and to talk with my new friend Russ. I started coming to church and Sunday School, Edna Mae Morton was the teacher I believe, and then became a part of the Minister's class. Russ led me to the foot of the Cross and baptized me on Easter afternoon in 1966. I will forever be eternally grateful to him for helping me to find Jesus at such a young age. Today, two of my brothers, a sister, and my parents are children of the King, which they say is a direct result of my christian witness as a young boy. People often ask if child evangelism is a worthwhile endeavor. I guess you be the judge.
Chuck Storm / November 15, 2007

No comments: