Friday, November 16, 2007

Irish Spoken Here

One beautiful sunny Sunday morning as I got out of my car in the relatively new large parking lot at East 91st Street Christian Church I saw Russ Blowers out in the lot going from car to car greeting people as they were coming into church.

He had a baseball type cap on and as I got closer to him I noticed it was a Notre Dame cap with the very familiar Notre Dame “ND” logo on it. Being raised a Catholic I was especially curious. As I approached him I said in a joking manner, “Aren’t you in the wrong church parking lot with that hat on?”

With possibly a nano second of hesitation he quipped, “Non Denomination, welcome to East 91st Street”, smiled, shook my hand and went on to greet the next person.

Bill Van Hoy / November 16, 2007

No comments: