Tuesday, November 20, 2007

God's Telephone Number

Denny and I have known Russ since we joined East 49th Street in 1976, just before we moved up to the present location on 91st Street. Denny was saved after only two weeks' of Russ' preaching. The first week was on the sin of neutrality. The second week, Russ read and explained the Four Spiritual Laws. The third week, Denny grabbed my hand and said, "We're going forward!" He was one of the first ones baptized in the new baptistry.

Anyone who has ever heard Russ pray knew that he knew God--personally. He encouraged us all to be bold in approaching God by saying that God's "telephone number" was Jeremiah 33:3: "Call to Me, and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Every time I see a 333 (on a clock, license plate, address--whatever) I hear his encouragement and push my faith a little further to pray more boldly. That legacy will live as long as I do.
Posie Neidigh / November 20, 2007

No comments: